After walking from the building I am working in across the field to the building where the printer is I was unable to pick up my printing, instead I found a screen on our Xerox Printer giving me the error code 016-757.
The 016-757 error message indicates that:
- Cause – The entered password is wrong.
- Remedy – Enter the correct password.
My computer has picked up the Auto printer driver and tried to use that, instead of my local printer driver. Because of that is was using the default user password, instead of my custom password.
All I had to do was change to my proper printer driver and it worked, after walking back and forth between buildings again.
If you need to change your password for the printer driver you can access it through the printer properties.
- Click on the “Configuration” tab
- Choose the account mode to “User”
- Click on “Detailed User Settings”
- Change the password details as per instructions from your printer administrator
If you have any other questions about the security on the printer you will probably need to ask your printer administrator, as every one of these printers will inevitably be set-up differently.